Monday, March 10, 2008

"Here I go, again..."

Welcome to my brand new online journal (I guess the kids these days call them "blogs." I know, I'm old)! As you might tell from the title of this post (Thanks, Whitesnake), I am not new to keeping a record of my dealings and doings and thought processes. As briefly alluded to earlier, back in my halcyon days of being in my early 20s, I was a member of a website called "Open Diary," where I would regularly write about lots of things with lots of sharp wit and funny insights. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It gave me confidence in my writing abilities (which were crucial to my field of study at the time) and I always got a lot of great comments from others, which in turn introduced me to some really cool people.

I really don't know why I stopped. Perhaps it was my own natural laziness. Perhaps I thought I had run out of things to write about. Perhaps I just didn't have the energy. Who knows? I only know that I stopped posting for a few months and, well, I guess the site administrators didn't like idle bloggers, as when I went to log on, I got an error message saying my online journal didn't exist and I had to start a new one. This really disappointed me, and I've sworn off of Internet diaries ever since.

Until now.

Looking at the proliferation of bloggers now, I'd like to think that I was ahead of my time with"Being BluesStud" (the name of that journal--don't ask me how I came up with it). However, with the Internet being as big as it is, I think it was only a matter of time before online personal record keeping (I'm running out of synonyms for "blogging") became a cool thing to do. And now, as usual, I'm the one that's having to catch up with the in-crowd. *sigh* Such is my fate!

So, to those of you that I know here on this online community (which are few), and to those of you that I don't (which are many, and which will hopefully be subtracted from this column and added to the "know" column), I welcome you and hope it will be worth your while reading. Although this is a personal diary and most of it will consist of things relevant to me and my feelings and thoughts, I do also like to write things that are pleasing to others. So, leave me comments and tell me what I'm doing wrong. Oh, yeah, and I guess some positive feedback would be nice, too. First one to leave a post gets a prize! :-)